Monday, April 2, 2012

Where it begins

I feel the need to begin this blogging journey with the smallest morsel that has rocked my world.  I now choose to think about this at the beginning, middle and end of every day.  Its something that makes my heart beat wildly, my breath deep and refreshing, my sight more clear, my mind less cluttered and my words more precise and meaningful.  It feeds my deepest desire to be wanted, needed and purpose-filled.  It simplifies my thinking and washes away confusing theology.  It rebukes fear and timidness from my mind and heart.  It is healing balm to wounds and scars from my past.  It opens my eyes to see others' needs and desires for purpose and love.  This is the heart of my blog.  This is what has brought me here to this point.  This is what sets us free to do greater things than we can even begin to imagine.  This is a foundation that is being set upon my heart.  This is where life truly begins. 

I dare you to simplify your thoughts and focus, meditate and breathe this in over and over today.  It will rock your world.

1 John 4:18
18 There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.

The entire chapter is rich and amazing and I encourage you to dive into it.  But for simplicity's sake today, and for you to know the real heart of this entry (and entire blog) I just present this morsel to you.  This is the platform for where I will begin sharing about my journey into freedom.

The picture I leave you with today is of our first-born asleep on daddy.  There's not an ounce of fear in her and this is where I want to be.  This close to my Father's heart. 

2 comments: